Here's how the Phils shape up this year:
1: Danny Jackson
2: Bobby Munoz
3: Shawn Boskie
4: Curt Schilling
5: Mike Williams
CL: Doug Jones
C: Darren Daulton
1B: John Kruk
2B: Mickey Morandini
SS: Kevin Stocker
3B: Dave Hollins
OF: Jim Eisenreich
OF: Lenny Dykstra
OF: Milt Thompson
So you can see... What's that? Oh, it's not 1994. Then why are the Phillies' fans bragging about the playoffs? The last playoff game they won was in 1993, and they're bragging in 2008 about something with the playoffs. What kind of freaks are they?
Anyway, here's the real Phillies '08 RAPs:
After getting extremely lucky in 2008, the irrationally arrogant Phillies, and GM Pat Gillick, have been inexcusably irrelevant this off-season.
Here are the moves they made this off-season:
- Acquired pitcher Brad Lidge and infielder Eric Bruntlett from the Houston Astros for pitcher Geoff Geary, outfielder Michael Bourn and third baseman Mike Costanzo.
- Acquired outfielder Chris Snelling from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for cash.
- Signed outfielder Geoff Jenkins to a two-year contract.
- Signed pitcher Chad Durbin to a one-year contract.
- Signed third baseman Pedro Feliz to a two-year contract with a club option for 2010.
- Signed pitcher Kris Benson to a minor league contract.
- Claimed infielder Ray Olmedo and pitcher Shane Youman off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates
Here's the outlook:
SP1: Cole Hamels
SP2: Brett Myers
SP3: Kyle Kendrick
SP4: Jaime Moyer
SP5: Adam Eaton
CL: Brad Lidge
SUM: Tom Gordon
C: Carlos Ruiz
1B: Ryan Howard
2B: Chase Utley
SS: Jimmy Rollins
3B: Pedro Feliz
LF: Pat Burrell
CF: Shane Victorino
RF: Geoff Jenkins/Jason Werth
Easiest- The Phillies will finish in second in the division.
Boldest- Ryan Howard will not hit more than 25 homers.
Team MVP/Best Hitter- Chase Utley (20-25 HRs, 90-110 RBIs)
Best Season- Cole Hamels (14-18 wins, sub-4.00 ERA)
Breakout Player- NONE
Stay Tuned: New York Mets Tomorrow! By the way, the reason I did the Phils before the Mets is because, as far as I'm concerned, if you get swept in the first round of the playoffs and haven't won a playoff game in 15 years, you're not allowed to be called a division champion.